Master Management continues to monitor the latest health information and is committed to providing our residents with the safest possible environment. Here is the latest information:
A Stay-at-Home order has been issued by Broward County to protect residents from the spread of Coronavirus. A violation of this order is enforceable and can lead to arrest, fines, or both.
The Broward Sheriff’s Office, at its discretion, will determine how to best enforce the order.
For your information, click here to read the order.
Here is what it means for Century Village East:
Master Management is strongly urging our residents to obey the order. For your safety, and the safety of your friends and neighbors, YOU must take responsibility for following the order. This includes doing your part to limit entrance to the village to the following groups:
- Medical care givers
- Guests that are already here in the Village
- Essential services
For an exact definition of what is an essential service, you should click here to read the order. But to give you an idea, here are some examples:
- Emergency Vehicles
- 1st Service
- East Coast Maintenance
- Newspaper Delivery people
- Food delivery (UBER)
- Village Employees
- City Bus #48
- Sanitation Trucks
- Sand Stone A/C
This is not an exclusive list, and your family and neighbors will rely on YOU to determine if someone should be allowed in as an essential service.
In making that decision, ask yourself the same question being asked in our hospitals. Is this elective or necessary? Is the work being done essential or can it wait? The job is YOURS to make a socially responsible decision. Is your kitchen renovation worth risking your health, the health of your family, and neighbors, or can it wait? For the safety of the Village, MAKE THE RESPONSIBLE CHOICE!
In addition, if your family had plans to visit you and they are not already in the Village, you are urged to make alternate plans.
OTHER NEW ACTIONS
- Security will monitor passengers on inbound Broward County buses to prevent non-residents from exiting at the Clubhouse.
- The Master Management offices will be open 9:00am to 1:00pm until further notice.
- Security will remain at full staff.
- A limited bus schedule is now in place. SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS.
- The order to stay at home does not require you to confine yourself to the interior of your home. You may make use of exterior portions of their homes, such as patios and porches. You may go out for walks or bike rides as long as you obey social distance guidelines. You may also leave your place of residence and travel to another location in accordance with the following:
- Essential businesses – Residents and visitors may engage in travel to Essential Businesses and provide minimum basic operations to non-essential businesses as identified in Broward County Emergency Orders 20-01 and 20-02, as further refined in Broward County Emergency Order 20-03.
- Emergency assistance.
- Personal Support Activities – Residents and visitors may travel to and from their homes to care for or support a friend, companion, family member, pet or livestock, support groups, or a vulnerable person.
- Outdoor Recreational Activities – In areas not otherwise closed by a separate Emergency or Executive Order, residents may engage in outdoor activity and recreation while staying six (6) feet apart from another person or group of people.
- Religious Activities – Residents and visitors may travel to and from places of worship. Places of worship must comply with Social Distancing Requirements.
- Government employees and emergency personnel – All first responders, emergency and mental health crisis responders, gang intervention specialists and crisis intervention workers, public health workers, emergency management personnel, emergency dispatchers, law enforcement personnel and related contractors, persons working for emergency service providers, and government employees performing work in the course and scope of their employment are categorically exempt.
- Public Transit – Available public transit may be used for the above-listed activities.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
For those residents considering welcoming family from other parts of the country (including grandchildren), be aware of Florida Governor Ron DeSantis’ order regarding out-of-state visitors:
FLORIDA EXECUTIVE ORDER 20-80
Governor DeSantis announced Executive Order 20-80, which requires those who travel to Florida from New York, New Jersey and Connecticut to self-isolate for 14 days upon entering the state. Violators could face up to 60 days in jail and a $500 fine.
REDUCED REGULAR BUS ROUTES NOW IN EFFECT
- As of Saturday, March 28, the number of buses operating inside the village have been reduced.
- Two buses will now be running inside the village, with service beginning at 8:00am.
- Two buses will now be running outside the village on the East & West route, with service beginning at the Clubhouse at 9:00am.
- The last East & West buses will leave the Clubhouse at 4:00pm for final pick up.
- The last internal buses will leave the Clubhouse at 5:00pm for final drop off.
***THE EXTRA EARLY MORNING SHOPPING BUS ROUTES WILL REMAIN IN EFFECT
PREVIOUSLY ANNOUNCED INFORMATION
- Le Club & Activity Center closed until further notice.
- Until further notice there is no public attendance at Master Management Board meetings. Meetings will be available on video as usual.