FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – August 5, 2020
Rental, Mortgage, and Utility Assistance for DFB Residents Impacted by COVID-19
DEERFIELD BEACH, FL – On Monday, August 17, 2020, the City of Deerfield Beach will begin accepting Rental, Mortgage, and Utility Assistance Applications to income-eligible city residents affected by COVID-19 due to job loss or pay-cuts.
The program will provide a one-time payment of up to $5,000 per household for past due rental or mortgage and utility costs. The program is funded through Community Development Block Grant Coronavirus (CDBG-CV), $406,320, and State Housing Initiatives Partnership Coronavirus Relief Funds (SHIP-CRF), $307,500. The one-time assistance will be in the form of a grant and does not require repayment.
The program is available to low to moderate-income residents that meet the income criteria as determined by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. See income chart below.
|Maximum Income Per Household||$49,950||$57,050||$64,200||$71,300||$77,050||$82,750|
The application will be available Monday, August 17, 2020, on the city’s website at http://www.deerfield-beach.
- Notice of delinquency for mortgage or rent
- Proof of I.D. or Valid Driver’s License
- Two most current years signed Federal Income Tax Return or Transcript from the IRS
- Proof of Income
- Hardship Letter (explaining loss of income)
- Proof of Property Ownership (for Mortgage Assistance)
- W-9 for Mortgage Lender, Landlord and Utility Company
- Recent utility bill (light, water, and natural gas)